***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
COMHAR's Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) is located in the Philadelphia are. IBHS support children, youth, and young adults with mental, emotional, and behavioral health needs. Services are provide to children, youth, and young adults across all settings (at the home, school, and community settings) in order to both help them reduce and/or replace problem behaviors with more positive, socially appropriate behaviors, with the highest priority placed on family engagement throughout the process.
Psychologist Position Summary:
The psychologist is responsible for providing evaluation and therapy services to clients, monitoring treatment planning and goals, and providing supervision and direction to identified staff.
- Evaluation services to clients in accordance with facility, licensing and third party payer standards and procedures. These services may include, but are not limited to, interviews with the client, family, medical and educational professionals, and the administration and interpretation of standardized psychological assessment tools.
- Consultation services for clients by corresponding and communicating with individuals who have a meaningful relationship with the client. These individuals may include, but are not limited to, the client’s family, the treatment team of mental health or medical professionals, school personnel, legal or social services representatives working on behalf of the client, and other personnel as designated by the Director of Children’s Services.
- Psychotherapy services to the clients to increase their emotional health and adaptive functioning. These services may include, but are not limited to, individual, group and family psychological counseling
- Prompt and accurate documentation of all work with clients
- Prompt and accurate documentation of his/her invoices for services
- Abides by the professional licensure standards of the state in which he/she holds a license to practice psychology
- Abides by the ethical guidelines of the American Psychological Association, whether or not he/she is a member of that organization
Psychologist Additional Duties:
- Participation in team meetings for the client by providing input and direction to the team regarding treatment goals and modalities of treatment. Participation may be in person or by proxy.
- Provision of clinical supervision to designated staff as requested by the Director of Children’s Services.
- Provides resources for the client’s treatment team and for the Director of Children’s Services
- Provides consultation for needs assessment and provision of staff training
- Participates in mandatory in-service programs as required by the agency, licensing agents and third-party payors. This includes participation in and documentation of an additional 10 hours of in-service.
Psychologist Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree from an accredited psychology graduate training program
- Independent licensure in good standing as a psychologist.
- At least two years paid experience providing child/adolescent mental health or addiction services.
- Maintain current professional liability insurance in the amounts as required by the agency, licensing agent and third party payers.
- Member of at least one professional organization devoted to psychology or child/adolescent mental health and mental health care.
- Current and valid Pennsylvania psychology license in good standing.
- Valid Child Abuse (Act 33) (when applicable), Criminal History, and FBI clearances (when applicable).
- Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
- Participation in at least ten (10) hours of documented additional in-service per year (“year” is defined as twelve (12) months after date of hire).