Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
One (1) Opening
Care Coordinator Salary:
Care Coordinator Position Summary
COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health, and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier self-determined lives.
IBHS is designed for young people who are exhibiting more serious emotional and mental health symptoms. Children receive intensive services in the home, school, or community in order to help them reduce or replace problem behaviors with more positive, socially appropriate behaviors. Group mobile-therapeutic services are available.
We have an immediate opening for a Care Coordinator in our Children Services department. The Care Coordinator provides coordination for services for children within the Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) program.
Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
The Care Coordinator works in collaboration and continuous partnership with children, their family/caregiver, school/specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach to:
- Meet with families for completion of intake.
- Communicate with and coordinate the services. Schedule and confirm evaluation/re-evaluation appointments.
- Assist families with providing them information for – Medication, Outpatient, Neurology, etc.
- Attend evaluations (Complete Biopsychosocial Evaluation/Re-evaluation [CBE/CBR]).
- Arrange for referrals and placement to Partial Hospitalization Programs, Residential Programs, and inpatient
- Collaborate with service providers such as Department of Human Services (DHS) STS Programs.
- Complete packets to be submitted to Community Behavioral Health.
- Respond to, and follow up on issues leading to insufficient responses (from CBH) to packet submission.
- Requesting addendum.
- Home visits, as needed.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Care Coordinator Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, gerontology, counseling education or related degree
- At least 1-year experience in the health or human service field (behavioral health or substance use field preferred).
- Driver's license required.
Care Coordinator Skills:
- Understanding and respect for each individual’s unique path to recovery. Able to provide trauma-informed, strength based support
- Working knowledge of the recovery/treatment system
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical service at all times
- Able to work well independently and on teams
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish & English) a plus.
- Be flexible and adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Computer literacy is essential. Must be able to effectively use electronic health record, video conferencing, email, Office products, and any other technology needed to meet job responsibilities
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.