Mental Health Technician
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Do you want to make a positive impact in the life of others while working in a fun and active environment? Join our team today!
Pay Rate:$15.85/HR-$18.00/HR (Based on location and experience)
Mental Health Technician Shifts:
Shift 1: Wednesday from 12am-8am; Thursday from 4pm-12am; Friday and Saturday from 8pm-8am (40 hours- Full Time)
Shift 2: Thursday from 8am-4pm; Friday and Saturday from 8am-8pm (32 hours- Full Time)
Mental Health Technician Job Description
The ORLTSR is a therapeutic residential program that works with justice involved individuals, ages 18 and over. The individuals in the program have a diagnosis of serious mental illness and have been prosecuted on criminal charges. The program will provide mental health treatment to those who will be admitted on Conditional Release or those in need of competency restoration.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? COMHAR is a nonprofit community-based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are seeking Mental Health Technicians to join our team at our program. We are seeking Full-Time Mental Health Technicians to join our Intensive Behavioral Health Services program in Philadelphia, PA.
The Mental Health Technician works from a recovery framework within the team providing individual supportive counseling and psychoeducational groups using therapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals. Our Mental Health Technicians provides counseling to individual clients, implements and monitors treatment of clients, and monitors individual and group social skills.
- The Mental Health Technician will provide direct services to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene and ADL's, as well as assistance with all tasks necessary for maintaining a therapeutic community and residence.
- Conducting activities with residents, including educational, social and leisure programs. Inclusion of resident’s input and suggestions in the planning process involved for all activities.
- The Mental Health Technician is responsible for documentation in clinical charts and residential logs as required, including progress notes on assigned residents. Immediate reporting of all resident crisis and/or unusual incidents to Shift Supervisor.
- Participation in meetings and training sessions as assigned, including but not limited to Quality Improvement Program, and multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings.
Mental Health Technician Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis and assist consumers when entering and exiting vehicles. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Mental Health Technician Travel Requirements
- Required to safely operate a motor vehicle for transporting consumers.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
Mental Health Technician Requirements
- AA in human services + 2 years MH/MR related experience;
- High School/GED + 4 years of Mental Health / Intellectual Disability related experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of training in mental health or related field
- 12 semester hours of college training in a mental health related field
- Valid driver's license is required
- Previous experience working with individuals involved with the criminal justice system
- Experience working with individuals with substance use disorders
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.