Creative Arts Therapist
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00am- 4:00pm
Compensation: $49,920 annually
Creative Arts Therapist Position Summary
The Creative Arts Therapist, under the supervision of the Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) Program Director, is responsible for designing and implementing therapeutic programming and related activities which reflect individual client’s needs, interests, and the individualized recovery planning processes. The Creative Arts Therapist will provide education and training to both individuals in recovery and staff regarding the benefits and intricacies of art therapy. Facilitate activities with individuals and groups, including educational, clinical, social and leisure programs, ensuring inclusion of the individuals in the activities.
Creative Arts Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes detailed documentation is completed for each individual in their clinical record and in other areas as directed. Such documentation should be timely, legible, and provide an accurate depiction of individuals’ progress, challenges, etc. Satisfies compliance with regulations regarding record keeping and reporting.
- Participates in the multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, assists with recovery plan development, and identifies appropriate internal/external supports and services as directed.
- Partners with program leadership to design and implement therapeutic programming and related activities which reflect individual needs, interests, and the individualized recovery planning processes.
- Completes identified assessments for each individual upon admission and annually thereafter or more frequently if clinically indicated. Discipline-specific tools are utilized to ensure that the assessment drives the recovery planning process and goal development.
- Facilitates activities with individuals and groups, including educational, clinical, social, and leisure programs for which individuals’ input is elicited. Most of the services delivered are in a direct service/clinical capacity.
- Provides consultation to staff regarding program and activity goals, parameters, and content, as they pertain to individual recovery plans. Provides education and training to individuals in recovery, as well as staff regarding the benefits and intricacies of art therapy.
- Participates in Quality Improvement component in conjunction with COMHAR’s Quality Improvement Program. Ensures that both internal and external incident reporting requirements are met for all crises and unusual incidents. Accurate and timely reporting of all non-emergent programs and/or staff problems to Supervisor.
- Assists with connecting individuals to community resources as identified in their treatment/recovery plan.
- Assists with the coordination of transportation needs entailed by activity schedule. Timely submission of all vehicle and driver requests in cost-effective manner.
- Establishes partnerships with community-based support to promote community integration/inclusion and identifies methods for individuals in recovery to build social capital and develop networks of support.
- Maintains compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedures with no unauthorized exception.
- Establishes working relationships with Northampton County, OMHSAS, referring agencies, and related external service providers, either directly, or through delegation.
- Develops working relationships within the various COMHAR Departments to ensure that all program needs are satisfied in a timely fashion.
- Timely and accurate submission of activity budget projections and actual cost receipts.
- Supervision of student interns and activity specialists as assigned.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Creative Arts Therapist Requirements
- Master’s degree in Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Recreation Therapy or Movement Therapy and minimum of two (2) years of experience in Mental Health.
- Valid PA State Criminal, FBI (based on residency outside of PA), and Child Abuse clearances.
- CPR w/AED & First Aid certification required.
- Professional license, certification, or registration if relevant to field.
- Valid driver’s license required. (Must be able to move about COMHAR service areas throughout the day to provide appropriate oversight and coordination and meet job duties as needed and required.)
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) and professional licensure/certification are preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.