Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Recreation Coordinator Position Summary:
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management.
The multidisciplinary treatment team is comprised of staff that includes a psychiatrist, mental health professionals, licensed nurses, peer specialists, and direct care staff. Services are delivered both on-site and in natural community settings to maximize learning opportunities. Our focus is to assist individuals in developing skills, increasing their independence and stabilizing their psychiatric and physical health symptoms with the goal of moving into lesser structured settings.
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) has an immediate opening for an Full-Time Recreation Coordinator.
Recreation Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing daily activity schedules, including those for holidays and weekends, which reflect resident’s needs, treatment plans, and goals. Submission of activity schedules to Director at least one month prior to the beginning of the schedule.
- Arranging and attending community outings, activities, and vacations and consulting with appropriate staff on those residents able to participate.
- Securing outside community support/resources related to program scope and teaching appropriate use of those supports/resources.
- Immediate reporting of all resident crises and/or unusual incidents to Director.
- Documenting in clinical chart and residential logs as required, including monthly progress notes on all residents. Completing annual recreational assessments.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as assigned.
- Participation in Quality Improvement.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions.
- Accurate and timely reporting of all non-emergent program and/or staff problems to Director.
- Coordination of all transportation needs entailed by activity schedule. Timely submission of all vehicle and driver requests in a cost-effective manner.
- Timely and accurate submission of activity budget projections and actual cost receipts.
Recreation Coordinator Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Recreation Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation plus 2 years MH experience
- Valid driver’s license required
- Position requires occasional lifting, transferring of individuals with an average weight of 150 pounds.
Recreation Coordinator Skills Required:
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills; excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.