ID-ICF Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-Time)
Job type: Part-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
Saturday-Sunday: 8:00am-8:00pm (1 opening)
Licensed Practical Nurse Position Summary:
COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. Our ID-ICF is now looking for a Weekend LPN.
Licensed Practical Nurse oversees and provide health care/wellness services (both chronic and acute) to COMHAR’s consumers with intellectual disabilities in their community homes. Licensed Practical Nurse observe and monitor consumers for health status, dietary needs, and for known or possible medical/health/psychiatric problems or issues. Licensed Practical Nurse investigate, intervene, and communicate as required or warranted. Provide skilled and timely response and good medical judgment in emergency situations. Review, and as necessary, follow-up on needed or required consumer medical and health-related information.
COMHAR’s ID-ICF Program has an immediate opening for an every weekend or every other weekend Part-Time Licensed Practical Nurse .
Licensed Practical Nurse Responsibilities:
- Licensed Practical Nurse oversee the process of consumer medication administration. Maintain close communication with Pharmacy to assure accurate medications and distribution of same. Review Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) for accuracy and completeness. Report all issues to Site Managers and Assistant Residential Directors.
- Regularly review and as needed recommend changes to unit health and safety procedures and practices (including but not limited to accident prevention, safety education, emergency procedures, medication administration, and personal care of consumers).
- Function as the health care liaison and advocate between the unit and health/mental health care providers, service monitors, advocates etc. concerning consumer medical/health, safety and psychiatric issues and needs.
- Generate and disseminate data and documents to support the needs and requirements of the consumers, and the unit.
- Regularly visit CLA sites and monitor for best practices around safety/health care.
- Assure smooth transition of consumers from hospital and rehabilitation settings back to CLA’s including medication review; health needs assessment and staff skill assessment/ training for new or emerging conditions.
- Provide proactive and intervention health/wellness counseling to consumers and to consumer team members to address the medical/health needs of the consumer.
- Provide education/training (both formal and informal) to unit staff, and to consumers on medical issues or needs, and on consumer-specific or general health and safety topics.
- Maintain an intimate familiarity with consumers in order to offer staff resource back-up and resource flexibility.
- Perform all duties and functions, as established or needed, in a timely and consistent, thorough, and efficient and cost-sensitive manner.
- Offer constructive and concerted interaction, exchange, and responsiveness with both internal and external persons and entities. Project a positive, accommodating demeanor and a customer satisfaction-focused mindset.
- Maintain an active exchange with supervisor on issues and/or needs; offer a deliberate responsiveness to supervisory directives, instructions and feedback; observe the unit's and the agency's chain of command.
- Fully comply with all policies, procedures, practices, regulations, laws, expectations, etc. which are either established by the unit or to which the unit is otherwise subject.
- Seek out and acquire training and professional development to satisfy licensing requirements, to address presenting needs, to heighten the quality of clinical services, and to broaden the unit's knowledge and resource base.
- Provide on call coverage as scheduled.
Licensed Practical Nurse Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Part-Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Basic Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Life, and Pet Insurance
Licensed Practical Nurse Job Requirements:
- LPN + at least 2 years MH experience preferred.
- Must have current nursing license required;
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have own transportation
- ACT 31 required
- Position requires occasional lifting, transferring of individuals with an average weight of 150 pounds.
Licensed Practical Nurse Skills Required:
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills; excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.