Mental Health Technician (Full-Time)
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
- MHT Monday-Friday (8AM-4PM)- 2 staff needed
- MHT Monday-Friday (4PM-12AM)- 2 staff needed
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management. The multidisciplinary treatment team is comprised of staff that includes a psychiatrist, mental health professionals, licensed nurses, peer specialists, and direct care staff. Services are delivered both on-site and in natural community settings to maximize learning opportunities. Our focus is to assist individuals in developing skills, increasing their independence and stabilizing their psychiatric and physical health symptoms with the goal of moving into lesser structured settings.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? COMHAR is a nonprofit community-based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are seeking Mental Health Technicians to join our team at our program.
We are seeking Full-Time Mental Health Technician to join our Intensive Behavioral Health Services program in Philadelphia, PA. The Mental Health Technician works from a recovery framework within the team providing individual supportive counseling and psychoeducational groups using therapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals. Our Mental Health Technicians provides counseling to individual clients, implements and monitors treatment of clients, and monitors individual and group social skills.
- The Mental Health Technician will provide direct services to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene and ADL's, as well as assistance with all tasks necessary for maintaining a therapeutic community and residence.
- Conducting activities with residents, including educational, social and leisure programs. Inclusion of resident’s input and suggestions in the planning process involved for all activities.
- The Mental Health Technician is responsible for documentation in clinical charts and residential logs as required, including progress notes on assigned residents. Immediate reporting of all resident crisis and/or unusual incidents to Shift Supervisor.
- Participation in meetings and training sessions as assigned, including but not limited to Quality Improvement Program, and multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings.
Mental Health Technician Skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills required to satisfactorily perform job duties.
- Exercise sound judgment in carrying out daily activities, handling crises & emergencies.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail.
- Approachability and Compassion.
- Listening Skills.
- Dependability to report to work as scheduled and on-time.
- Strong commitment to providing quality services to consumers.
- Able to work successfully with others in a collaborative manner.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
Mental Health Technician Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the Mental Health Technician is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis and assist consumers when entering and exiting vehicles. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Mental Health Technician Travel Requirements:
- Required to safely operate a motor vehicle for transporting consumers.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
Mental Health Technician Job Requirement:
- AA in human services + 2 years MH/MR related experience;
- 12 semesters behavioral health credits required
- Valid driver's license is required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.