Office Technician working in the Mental Health field
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
Department: Behavioral Health Outpatient Enhanced
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week/Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Summary of essential job functions:
At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives.
The Office Technician position in our Behavioral Health Outpatient Division is a versatile position, assisting with various office, medical records, and consumer needs in the Enhanced Behavioral Health program.
Facilitate professional phone communication: answer incoming calls, take and relay messages, make appointment reminders, and check voice mail
- Follow scheduling guidelines to schedule prescribers and assist with scheduling changes
- Provide professional, trauma-informed customer service and demeanor at all times
- Complete initial contact with consumers, enter/update consumer information into electronic health records (EHR), assist consumers with initial intake tasks
- Verify consumers’ insurance eligibility consistently
- Filing/retrieving charts when needed
- Check consumers in/out, provide transportation passes and obtain necessary consumer signatures
- Assist with monitoring and reminders to staff and consumers to help ensure recovery/treatment plans and medication are current
- Assist with consumer communication to facilitate behavioral health services
- Assist with medical records department, on an as-needed basis
- Maintain professionalism with both independent tasks and during collaborative teamwork
- Perform other duties, as assigned. Facilitate professional phone communication
- High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years related experience, or Associate's Degree plus 2 years’ experience
- Ability to pass clerical test (55+ wpm preferred).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and able to effectively use electronic health records
- Professional demeanor and attire suitable for clinical and office setting
- Adhere to confidentiality policy and HIPAA guidelines
- Maintain complete personnel file including certification of requisite clearances (FBI, child abuse, etc) and participation in required trainings, as assigned (ex: mandated reporter)
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred but not required