Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are currently looking for a Medical Director to join our Medical Outpatient department.
Medical Director Work Scheduled:
Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM (30 min lunch break)
Medical Director Job Duties:
COMHAR, a dedicated and trusted community health and human services agency seeks a dynamic Psychiatric Medical Director to join our growing Behavioral Health Care services. The ideal candidate for this role will be grounded in trauma informed modalities, enthusiastic, pragmatic, innovative, and serve in a collaborative physician’s capacity providing direct psychiatric care, while also dedicating approximately 50% of their time overseeing our behavioral health medical services and ensuring the appropriate and most cost-effective medical care is received.
At COMHAR, our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families, and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. COMHAR provides a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Our services are diverse, from outpatient treatment to day support and residential programs, to workshops, to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery.
If you are mission and value driven and believe in putting people first, come earn your living where your heart is. See the Psychiatric Medical Director job description below:
Medical Director Description:
The Psychiatric Medical Director is responsible for the delivery of high-quality medical care across the agency’s programs, ensuring that patients and consumers receive the highest standard of medical care while maintaining collaboration with other agencies and regulators as needed to ensure continuity of care. The role incorporates both administrative (50%) and clinical (50%) responsibilities. On the administrative side, the Psychiatric Medical Director will oversee the work of all Psychiatrists, CRNPs, Nurses and other medical staff; including but not limited to care delivery, recruiting, training, policies and protocols. Additionally, the Psychiatric Medical Director will be supported by an Associate Medical Director and Nursing Director to assist in the administrative duties. On the clinical side, the Psychiatric Medical Director is expected to maintain a critical mass of patients under direct care. Reporting to the agency CEO, the Psychiatric Medical Director is a member of the Senior Leadership Team which is entrusted with overall strategic thinking, operational executional and sound financial practices.
Competitive Benefits Package includes but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
- Full malpractice insurance is covered
- 1 week of paid medical continuing education
- $2,000 continuing education reimbursement
- Free APA American Psychiatric Associations Membership
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community-based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.
Medical Director Qualifications:
- Medical degree. – MD/DO required
- Master of Health Administration (MHA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) advantageous.
- Board Certified – Psychiatry
- 10+ years clinical experience
- 4+ years’ experience in a management role
- Familiarity with Clozaril and REMs reports
- Psychiatric experience required
- Clinical risk management experience
- Valid medical license in Pennsylvania required
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations
- Knowledge regarding psychiatric rehab and understanding of recovery model
- Work with the Serious Mental Illness (SMI) population
- Commitment to advocate values and mission
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.