LTSR Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time)
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
$1,000.00 Sign on bonus split within two payments ($500 at 6-months and $500 after a year).
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm (1 opening)
Licensed Practical Nurse Position Summary:
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management.
The multidisciplinary treatment team is comprised of staff that includes a psychiatrist, mental health professionals, licensed nurses, peer specialists, and direct care staff. Services are delivered both on-site and in natural community settings to maximize learning opportunities. Our focus is to assist individuals in developing skills, increasing their independence and stabilizing their psychiatric and physical health symptoms with the goal of moving into lesser structured settings.
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) has an immediate opening for an Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse.
Licensed Practical Nurse Responsibilities:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse works from a recovery framework within the team providing health and wellness care, medication education, group psycho education, therapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals.
- Provision of assistance to residents who are unable to self-administer medication. Supervision of self-administered medication when indicated. Injection of medication when prescribed. Participation in education of residents regarding their medications, including assisting residents who are unable to self-administer medication to become able to do so.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as assigned.
- Participation in Quality Improvement Program as assigned.
- Timely reporting of all crises and unusual incidents to Nurse Manager and LTSR Director (Immediately if indicated; otherwise within 24 hours). Immediate reporting of psychiatric and medical crises to Psychiatrist.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and regulations regarding record keeping and recording.
- Observance of Universal Precautions in administering medications, disposing of needles, and handling waste products, etc.
- Provision of direct service to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene, bathing/showering and all other tasks of daily living as needed.
- Leading activities with residents, including educational, social, and leisure programs for which residents’ input is elicited. Participating in community integration activities as needed.
- Regular and relevant documentation in clinical chart and utilizes other designated forms.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Reporting of all non-emergent shift and shift personnel problems to Nurse Manager and/or LTSR Director in timely and accurate manner.
- In the event of a staff call out, works to secure appropriate coverage via existing team members or other contracted/approved temporary staff organizations.
- Compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedures with no unauthorized exception.
Licensed Practical Nurse Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Licensed Practical Nurse Job Requirement:
- LPN + at least 2 years MH experience preferred.
- Must have current nursing license required;
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have own transportation
- ACT 31 required
- Position requires occasional lifting, transferring of individuals with an average weight of 150 pounds.
Licensed Practical Nurse Skills Required:
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills; excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.