Assistant Site Manager
Position: Assistant Site Manager
Location: Walnutport, PA
Job Type: Full Time (32 Hours); Non-exempt
Compensation: Starts at $17.00 per hour
Schedule: 8:00AM- 12:00AM Saturday and Sunday
COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are seeking a Assistant Site Manager to join our Walker Road program. The Assistant Site Manger will assist with day to day management of clients. The ideal candidate enjoys working in an ever-changing environment and helping those with disabilities.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Site Manager :
- Maintains the facility in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws/standards.
- Assists in developing client-centered, recovery-oriented plans that foster the personal growth of the residents, reviewing them regularly and making changes as the residents’ needs and abilities change.
- Directly provides and/or supervises staff in the providing of direct services to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene, tasks of daily living, educational, social, and leisure programs for which resident’s input is elicited – including transportation in company vehicle if needed.
- Directly provides and/or supervises staff in meal preparation, serving, and clean up as needed.
- Maintains the residence & vehicle in a safe, clean and orderly state; does minor maintenance [i.e. change light bulbs, water plants, tighten loose screws, take out the trash/recycling, salt &/or shovel walkways, turn off water at the source if there is a leak, etc.], reports maintenance issues to Site Manager / Program Specialist as needed.
- Interacts and cooperates with outside agencies for the betterment of the residents.
- Transports residents to and from medical appointments as needed.
- Immediately reports all resident crisis and/or unusual incidents to Site Manager / Program Specialist.
- Documents in residents’ charts as required [including hand-written & EHR format].
- Assists with interviews, makes hiring recommendations, and assists with staff trainings.
- Assists in scheduling coverage in the event of emergency, staff call-off, staff vacation.
- Attends all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Accurate and timely reports of all non-emergency shift and/or staff problems to Site Manager / Program Specialist.
- Maintains petty cash and client funds per corporate policy.
- Complies with all COMHAR Policies and Procedures with no unauthorized exception.
- Directly provides and/or supervises crisis intervention as needed when providing direct care to residents.
- Completes any other assigned duties.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES of the Assistant Site Manager :
This is a hands-on position that includes supervisory responsibilities of the RC II position on weekends and may require filling in for the Site Manager / Program Specialist if he/she is away.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS of the Assistant Site Manager:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, bend over, and occasionally carry/pull/push items weighing up to 25 lbs. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, turn, manipulate, or feel and reach with hands, arms, and feet.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options, including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off (10 vacation days, 9 holidays, 2 personal days, plus sick time)
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Requirements of the Assistant Site Manager :
- Bachelor's degree or higher in human services or a related field
- 5 years of related hands-on mental health and/or intellectual disability experience
- 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity
- Valid driver's license
- ***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination. ***
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.