Job type: Part-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
Psychiatrist Open Shifts:
Flexible schedule, 4 Hours per week
Psychiatrist Pay Rate:
Pay Rate: Board Eligible- $150.00/HR
Board Certified- $160.00/HR.
At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives, has an outstanding opportunity for a Psychiatrist at our new Outpatient Restoration Long Term Structured Residence (ORLTSR) program, located in Easton, PA.
The psychiatrist will be responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, and medication management to patients in our clinic. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with our team of mental health professionals to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care.
The ORLTSR is a therapeutic residential program that works with justice-involved individuals, ages 18 and over. The individuals in the program have a diagnosis of serious mental illness and have been prosecuted on criminal charges. The program will provide mental health treatment to those who will be admitted on Conditional Release or those in need of competency restoration. Reports to the Medical Director.
Psychiatrist Job Responsibilities:
- Provides effective medical and health services for assigned clients by coordinating medication administration, evaluations and mental health assessments.
- Conducts mental health evaluations, meets regularly with other staff to review client progress and maintains required client and unit documentation including medication records, forms, health information and incident reports.
- Works closely with the treatment team in reviewing client progress and to ensure timely, effective communications with clients, families, providers, caseworkers, advocates and other health care professionals and in compliance with all internal and external regulations, policies and procedures.
Psychiatrist Job Requirements:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited institution.
- Board-certification or eligibility for board certification in Psychiatry.
- Active state medical license in the state of practice.
- Experience working in an outpatient mental health setting preferred.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a busy caseload and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records and ability to document patient care accurately.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with best practices in psychiatry.
- Completed an accredited psychiatric residency program in the United States
- Required to be on-call in the event of an emergency