Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM (30 min lunch) (On-Site position)
Psychiatrist Position Summary:
The psychiatrist will be responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, and medication management to patients in our clinic. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with our team of mental health professionals to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care.
Psychiatrist Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluations to determine diagnoses and treatment plans for patients.
- Prescribe and monitor psychotropic medications as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other mental health professionals in the clinic to coordinate patient care.
- Document members progress and review treatment plans in electronic medical records.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to stay current with best practices in psychiatry.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Respond to patient and family inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Work with the clinic's administrative staff to ensure efficient scheduling and billing processes.
Psychiatrist Working Conditions:
The Outpatient Psychiatrist will work in an outpatient clinic setting, typically seeing patients during standard business hours. The work environment is fast-paced and may involve managing a high volume of patient cases. The psychiatrist will be expected to work collaboratively with other mental health professionals in the clinic to provide comprehensive patient care. The clinic is committed to providing a safe and supportive work environment for all employees.
Psychiatrist Job Requirements:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited institution.
- Board-certification or eligibility for board certification in Psychiatry.
- Active state medical license in the state of practice.
- Experience working in an outpatient mental health setting preferred.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a busy caseload and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records and ability to document patient care accurately.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with best practices in psychiatry.