Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management.
The multidisciplinary treatment team is comprised of staff that includes a psychiatrist, mental health professionals, licensed nurses, peer specialists, and direct care staff. Services are delivered both on-site and in natural community settings to maximize learning opportunities. Our focus is to assist individuals in developing skills, increasing their independence and stabilizing their psychiatric and physical health symptoms with the goal of moving into lesser structured settings. The Office Technician will manage the office/administrative functions for LTSR's located in Philadelphia.
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) has an immediate opening for an Office technician. LTSR's are therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs.
Office Technician Schedule:
Office Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishment of relations with DBH/ODP, referring agencies, and external service providers.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and regulations regarding record keeping, reporting and maintain client fund records.
- Assistance to the LTSR Program Director in ensuring program and facility compliance with all internal and external policies, statuses, and regulations.
- Active engagement in resident advocacy with internal and external programs and social service agencies as indicated.
- Assisting with timesheet preparation for payroll processing.
- Assistance with staff schedule as assigned.
- Maintenance of Personnel files, including documentation of qualifications, physical, TB screening, Hepatitis documentation, and trainings.
- Filing chart materials in clinical record.
- Processing of purchase orders as assigned by Director and Nurse Manager.
- Management of assigned fiscal responsibilities and ensuring that accurate records are maintain and entitlements secured. Liaison with COMHAR’s fiscal department as needed.
- Management of office functions associated with the LTSR, including correspondence filing receptionist duties, etc.
- Assist Program Director with collecting data from daily communication sheets and entering the units of service for billing.
- Participation in Quality Improvement Program through the attendance of monthly team meetings, communication with the Consumer Satisfaction Team and assistance to the Program Director with all incident reporting.
- Coordinate the purchasing of birthday gifts for residents
Office Technician Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Office Technician Job Requirements:
- AA+ 3 years of related experience Preferred;
- or HS/GED + 5 years of related experience Preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Understanding of basic accounting, and personnel management.
- Experience with billing and insurance
- Knowledgeable with EHR Systems
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law