Job type: Part-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Weekend Coordinator Schedule:
Weekend Coordinator Payrate:
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management.
The multidisciplinary treatment team is comprised of staff that includes a psychiatrist, mental health professionals, licensed nurses, peer specialists, and direct care staff. Services are delivered both on-site and in natural community settings to maximize learning opportunities. Our focus is to assist individuals in developing skills, increasing their independence and stabilizing their psychiatric and physical health symptoms with the goal of moving into lesser structured settings.
COMHAR’s Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) has an immediate opening for an Weekend Coordinator.
Weekend Coordinator Position Summary:
The Weekend Coordinator, under the supervision of the Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) Program Director, is responsible for overseeing the program operations, administrative, program facility, and leadership role within the LTSR program during the weekend. The Weekend Coordinator works from a recovery framework within the team promoting individual and group psychotherapy using psychotherapeutic interventions (evidenced-based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals.
Weekend Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and implements the on-site and community-based clinical program to ensure that adequate and creative learning opportunities are available to individuals in recovery. (These opportunities reflect the interests, needs, and recovery goals of the individuals residing in the LTSR.) Participates in clinical program design as assigned.
- Provides individual therapy and group therapy utilizing evidence-based practices as assigned.
- Supervises staff on assigned weekend shifts, including task completion/assignments, monitoring of responsibilities, and attendance.
- Coordination and implementation of activities with residents, including educational, social, and leisure programs for which residents’ input is elicited.
- Completes detailed documentation for individuals in their clinical record and in other areas as directed. Such documentation should be timely, legible, and provide an accurate depiction of progress, challenges, etc. in a strength-based manner. Satisfies compliance with regulations regarding record keeping and reporting.
- Completes EBP screening tools to ensure quality data and outcome reporting.
- Provision of direct services to residents as needed, including assistance with tasks of daily living, meal preparation, serving, clean-up, therapeutic and crisis intervention.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as assigned.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and regulations regarding record keeping and documentation in clinical chart and residential logs.
- Immediate reporting of psychiatric and medical crisis to the Shift Nurse. Timely reporting of all crises and unusual incidents to the LTSR Program Director (Immediately if indicated; otherwise within 24 hours.)
- Accurate and timely reporting of all non-emergency shift and/or staff problems to Licensed Practical Nurse, Director of Nursing, and Director.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedures with no unauthorized exception.
- Other duties reasonable and related to this position as directed by related supervisors.
Part-Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Basic Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Life, and Pet Insurance
Weekend Coordinator Requirement/ Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a clinical field (psychology, Social Work, Education, or other Human Services) and minimum of one (1) years of experience in Mental Health.
- Valid PA State Criminal, FBI (based on residency outside of PA), and Child Abuse clearances.
- Clearances must be updated every 3 years per COMHAR policy.
- CPR w/AED & First Aid certification required.
- Professional license, certification, or registration if relevant to field.
- Valid driver’s license required. (Must be able to move about COMHAR service areas throughout the day to provide appropriate oversight and coordination and meet job duties as needed and required.)
- Physical examination including TB test and Hep B.