Job type: Full-time
At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. Our LTSR program is now looking for a Weekend Coordinator.
The Weekend Coordinator works from a recovery framework within the team providing individual and group psychotherapy using psychotherapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals.
Location: Walnutport, PA
- Coordinates and implements the on-site and community-based clinical program to ensure that adequate and creative learning opportunities are available to individuals in recovery. (These opportunities reflect the interests, needs, and recovery goals of the individuals residing in the LTSR.) Participates in clinical program design as assigned.
- Provides individual therapy and group therapy utilizing evidence based practices as assigned.
- Supervises staff on assigned weekend shifts, including task completion/assignments, monitoring of responsibilities, and attendance.
- Coordination and implementation of activities with residents, including educational, social, and leisure programs for which residents’ input is elicited.
- Completes detailed documentation for individuals in their clinical record and in other areas as directed. Such documentation should be timely, legible, and provide an accurate depiction of progress, challenges, etc. in a strength based manner. Satisfies compliance with regulations regarding record keeping and reporting.
- Completes EBP screening tools to ensure quality data and outcome reporting.
- Provision of direct services to residents as needed, including assistance with tasks of daily living, meal preparation, serving, clean-up, therapeutic and crisis intervention.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as assigned.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and regulations regarding record keeping and documentation in clinical chart and residential logs.
- Immediate reporting of psychiatric and medical crisis to the Shift Nurse. Timely reporting of all crisis and unusual incident to the Nurse Manager and LTSR Program Director (Immediately if indicated; otherwise within 24 hours.)
- Accurate and timely reporting of all non-emergency shift and/or staff problems to Shift Nurse, Nurse Manager, or Director.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedures with no unauthorized exception.
- Master’s degree in a clinical discipline and at least 1 year of clinical MH experience
- Professional license, certification, or registration if relevant to field
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills; excellent clinical skills including assessment, individual and group therapy; knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.