Continuity of Care Specialist
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Continuity of Care Specialist Position Salary:
Continuity of Care Specialist Position Summary
The Continuity of Care Specialist reports to the Long-Term Structured Residences (LTSR) Program Director and/or LTSR Program Director Assistant. The Continuity of Care Specialist will help individuals achieve a more independent and fulfilling life by being an effective team member to provide quality services. Complete initial contact records for individuals seeking services at the agency. Provide crisis management as needed. Ensure all clinically necessary information is recorded within the intake assessment and that all individuals are referred to the most appropriate program to meet their needs. Coordinate links to other agencies and programs as needed. Provide administrative and D&A case management as needed. Work cooperatively with other departments to ensure successful client engagement, monitoring, and billing.
Continuity of Care Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquisition and coordination of all services required by residents in order to attain treatment goals.
- Supervision of resident fund management, ensuring that entitlements are in place and not jeopardized by under spending or mismanagement. These duties are to be carried out in conjunction with COMHAR’s Agency wide Client Fund Management System.
- Active engagement in resident advocacy with internal and external programs and agencies as individual.
- Assist the LTSR Program Director and/or the LTSR Program Assistant Director in ensuring program and facility compliance with all internal and external policies, statues, and regulations.
- Establishment of relations with OMH/MR, referring agencies, and external services providers.
- Coordinator all services and follow-ups related to mental health court hearings and commitments.
- Participation in Quality Improvement Program
- Attendance of internal and external meetings as required.
- Assist the LTSR Program Director and/or LTSR Assistant Program Director in development and implementation of training programs.
- Assist the LTSR Program Director and/or LTSR Assistant Program Director in conducting all reviews, assessments, evaluation, and safety related drills required by regulation and program and resident’s needs.
- Compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedure with no unauthorized exceptions.
- Other duties reasonable and related to this position as directed by related supervisors.
Continuity of Care Specialist Physical Requirements
- Continuous walking, sitting, standing, bending over, and occasionally carrying, pulling, and pushing items Ability to walk stairways.
- Lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to physically intervene with eloping or aggressive clients when needed.
- Visual requirements: normal vision requirements.
- Hearing requirements: able to hear normal conversation in person and on the phone.
- Communication requirements: able to communicate without assistance from another person (use of assistive communication devices permissible).
- Physical examination and disease screening may be required per state and local requirements.
- Exposure to aggressive behavior – including biting, hitting, thrown objects, pinching.
- Most work is completed indoors.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to adapt to changing work demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of kitchen devices and processes
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Education, Employment and Credential Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field required and minimally one (1) years of experience working in human services with some quality improvement experience preferred.
- Assosicate’s degree in Human Services or related field required and two (2) years of mental health experience with some quality improvement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of program evaluation, continuous quality improvement, and managed care procedures related to the behavioral health field preferred.
- Valid PA State Criminal, FBI (based on residency outside of PA), Child Abuse clearances.
- Clearances must be updated every 3 years per COMHAR policy.
- Valid driver’s license required. (Must be able to move about COMHAR service areas throughout the day to provide appropriate oversight and coordination and meet job duties as needed and required.)
- Physical examination including Hep B screening & TB test.
- Proficient with office software
- CPR w/AED & First Aid certification.