Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor (Spanish Speaking)
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor Salary:
Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor Shift:
Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor Position Summary
COMHAR’s Targeted Case Management (TCM) program provides blended case management services to adults 18 and over with a serious mental health diagnosis that require additional community supports to help them meet their needs and work to achieve their goals. Our case management unit also has 2 specialty teams that provide services to the Young Adult population from 18-25 and a Bicultural/Bilingual team with a focus on the Hispanic Community. Our case management professionals provide services to people wherever they are; home, hospital, provider agency etc. We will meet with participants in their home, assess their needs and strengths, and assist them with developing goals to help them achieve stability and live their most meaningful lives. All participants receiving Targeted Case Management services must be referred by a provider and approved by the TCM unit of the city.
It is expected that Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor maintain current knowledge of the Standards of Practice for Blended Case Management. It is imperative that this knowledge base be shared with staff and that every effort is made to regularly share the standards and the general expected guidelines with direct care staff.
- Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisors are responsible for assuring that the DBH Practice Guidelines are put into operation to the extent possible within the general operations of the TCM duties.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide daily on-site supervision to Teams of Blended Case Managers. This supervision should entail Team meetings in which the proposed daily contact for each staff is discussed. During this discussion supervisors are expected to utilize the team member’s to address any problems that the Team member feel they need help with and use the members to cover interactions/tasks that one BCM might not be able to complete by themselves.
- Included in the general supervision duties is the requirement that every effort be made to provide weekly individual supervision to each assigned staff and that these sessions will be documented for review. During this individual supervision a chart review should be completed using the updated Utilization Review sheet with particular attention paid to whether or not a PGP exists to cover the time period since the last CBH review.
- Daily monitoring of the 30 day contact board and if a contact is due make sure that the contact is completed before an infraction occurs.
- Assure that all Pay 4 Performance criteria are being met:
- Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisors are responsible for assuring that the staff under their supervision are making every attempt to complete the documentation in a timely fashion and that it meets the general guidelines of legibility, it is signed, dated and that the content follows the DAP format and explains the nature of the contact.
- Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisors are expected to monitor the productivity of the staff assigned to them using the reports provided through the TCM director.
Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance with plan options to fit your needs
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental voluntary insurance options including Disability, Accident and Pet Insurance
Bilingual Blended Case Manager Supervisor Job Requirement
- Masters Level degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation, activity therapies, counseling or education and
- Three years mental health direct care experience - one of which includes supervisory experience.
- Applicant must have knowledge of and the ability to put into practice the Blended Case Management Standards of Care.
- On-call responsibility & completion of BHTEN 10-week case management orientation, as well as a valid driver's license, is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is required.
- Understanding and respect for each individual’s unique path to recovery. Able to provide trauma-informed, strength based support
- Working knowledge of the recovery/treatment system
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical service at all times
- Able to work well independently and on teams
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish & English) a plus.
- Be flexible and adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Computer literacy is essential. Must be able to effectively use electronic health record, video conferencing, email, Office products, and any other technology needed to meet job responsibilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.