Targeted Case Manager
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
Targeted Case Manager Salary:
Targeted Case Manager Shift:
Targeted Case Manager Openings:
Two (2) Openings
Targeted Case Manager Salary:
$42,000.00 annual salary
Targeted Case Manager Position Summary
COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health, and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier self-determined lives. We are seeking a Targeted Case Manager.
COMHAR’s Targeted Case Management (TCM) program provides blended case management services to adults 18 and over with a serious mental health diagnosis that require additional community supports to help them meet their needs and work to achieve their goals. Our case management unit also has 2 specialty teams that provide services to the Young Adult population from 18-25 and a Bicultural/Bilingual team with a focus on the Hispanic Community. Our case management professionals provide services to people wherever they are; home, hospital, provider agency etc. We will meet with participants in their home, assess their needs and strengths, and assist them with developing goals to help them achieve stability and live their most meaningful lives. All participants receiving Targeted Case Management services must be referred by a provider and approved by the Targeted Case Manager unit of the city.
Our Targeted Case Manager are responsible for assisting consumers in making full use of natural community supports in addition to all available mental health services which will enable the consumer to live a stable, healthy and safe life in the community of their choice. Targeted Case Manager will be accomplished by assessing the consumer’s needs, developing a service plan in conjunction with the consumer, linking the consumer to the agreed upon services and ongoing monitoring of these services and supports.
Targeted Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes clients' goals and objectives by assessing needs and elaborating service plan; monitoring the client's mental and physical health, and linkage to community resources in order for the client to gain the needed tools to navigate the system and promote independence.
- Maintains clients' records by reviewing case notes; and service plan reviews.
- Submitting documentation for all services provided.
- Participating in daily morning meetings and individual supervision.
- Supporting individuals in crisis management and verbal de-escalation.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients' attendance to providers; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services in the community; obtaining additional resources
- Maintaining productivity requirements of the program.
- Meeting individual where they are and providing services in the communities they live in.
Targeted Case Manager Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Occasionally required to operate a motor vehicle on a as-needed basis and assist consumers when entering and exiting vehicles. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
Targeted Case Manager Travel Requirements:
- Required to safely operate a motor vehicle for transporting consumers.
Full Time Employees are eligible for generous benefit options including but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, sick, PTO, vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
Targeted Case Manager Job Requirements:
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
- BA + 2 years CMI experience (preferred degree must be in Social Work, Psychology, or other Human Service field).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Team approach and TQM philosophy a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.