Direct Support Professional- Residential
Job Summary: Direct Support Professional provides direct services and residential support to consumers in a respectful manner, assisting with daily personal hygiene, physical tasks and life tasks on a Full Time basis ensuring the dignity & privacy of consumers.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Conduct assigned activities with residents (consumers) for educational, social, leisure programs while eliciting their input and feedback
- Assist in promoting healthy daily living, encouraging wellness and healthy dietary practices
- Assist with meal preparation, serve meals, and provide clean up as needed
- Assist in obtaining medical care for consumers
- Administer approved medications to consumers as directed & in a timely, accurate manner
- Safely operate a COMHAR vehicle to transport consumers and for other assigned functions.
- Immediately report any site or consumer related crisis or unusual incident to Site Manager
- Complete required daily progress notes for assigned residents
- Enter documentation on a daily basis into the residential log, as required
- Participate fully in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, as assigned
- Participate fully in quality Improvement programs as assigned or required
- Attend all required meetings and training programs as assigned or required
- Prepare and submit accurate, complete and timely reports of all non-emergency and crisis level events to Site Manager or other supervisor, as required
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all consumer related information
- Report any staffing problems to Site manager or other supervisor, as required
- Comply with all COMHAR policies and procedures at all times
- Participate in and complete cross-training for assignments at other sites.
- Engage in crisis intervention, utilize approved techniques as instructed in training programs.
- Report crisis incidents immediately, record required relevant information
- Report any work or Site related injury immediately to the Site Manager
- Ensure safety of the residents and premises, report unsafe conditions to Site Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Current PA Driver's License; satisfactory driving record; eligible to operate program vehicles.
- Three months of related experience in an IDD Residential facility or related environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy of all consumer records and information.
- Able to acquire working knowledge of COMHAR policies and other applicable regulations
- Attention to details to ensure safety for residents and for safely operating program vehicles
- Able to work well with individuals with varying emotional and cognitive challenges .
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner while adhering to COMHAR procedures.
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.