Direct Support Professional-ICF
Job type: Full-time
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
- Monday-Thursday 11PM to 9AM: 2 Openings
- Saturday & Sunday 7AM to 3PM: 1 Opening
- Saturday & Sunday 3PM to 11PM: 3 Openings
- Fridays-Sundays (Fri 11PM-7AM, Sat 11PM-7AM, Sun 11PM-9AM): 3 Openings
ID-ICF oversee and provide health care/wellness services (both chronic and acute) to COMHAR’s consumers with intellectual disabilities in their community homes. Observe and monitor consumers for health status, dietary needs, and for known or possible medical/health/psychiatric problems or issues. Investigate, intervene, and communicate as required or warranted. Provide skilled and timely response and good medical judgment in emergency situations. Review, and as necessary, follow-up on needed or required consumer medical and health-related information.
The ICF Program Direct Support Professional provides direct services and residential support to consumers assisting with daily community integration, skill building, self-care skills including personal hygiene and life tasks on a Full Time basis and in a respectful manner ensuring the dignity & privacy of consumers. Direct Support Professional provides direct services and residential support to consumers in a respectful manner, assisting with daily personal hygiene, physical tasks and life tasks on a Full Time basis ensuring the dignity & privacy of consumers.
COMHAR’s ID-ICF Program has an immediate opening for an Full-Time and Part-Time Direct Support Professionals.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Conduct assigned activities with residents (consumers) for educational, social, leisure programs while eliciting their input and feedback
- Assist in promoting healthy daily living, encouraging wellness and healthy dietary practices
- Assist with meal preparation, serve meals, and provide clean up as needed
- Assist in obtaining medical care for consumers during emergencies (acute or chronic issues)
- Administer approved medications to consumers as directed & in a timely, accurate manner
- Safely operate a COMHAR vehicle to transport consumers and for other assigned functions.
- Immediately report any site or consumer related crisis or unusual incident to Site Manager
- Complete required daily progress notes for assigned residents
- Enter documentation on a daily basis into the residential log, as required
- Participate fully in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, as assigned
- Participate fully in quality Improvement programs as assigned or required
- Attend all required meetings and training programs as assigned or required
- Prepare and submit accurate, complete and timely reports of all non-emergency and crisis level events to Site Manager or other supervisor, as required
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all consumer related information
- Report any staffing problems to Site manager or other supervisor, as required
- Comply with all COMHAR policies and procedures at all times
- Participate in and complete cross-training for assignments at other sites.
- Engage in crisis intervention, utilize approved techniques as instructed in training programs.
- Report crisis incidents immediately, record required relevant information
- Report any work or Site related injury immediately to the Site Manager
- Ensure safety of the residents and premises, report unsafe conditions to Site Manager
- Other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear others and accurately interpret speech and sounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; climb and descend stairs. Required to use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry objects. Required to sit; stand, maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust optical focus for reading, driving, general observation and for all safety needs.
- Verbal and written communication skills required to satisfactorily perform job duties.
- Exercise sound judgment in carrying out daily activities, handling crises & emergencies.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail.
- Approachability and Compassion.
- Listening Skills.
- Dependability to report to work as scheduled and on-time.
- Strong commitment to providing quality services to consumers.
- Able to work successfully with others in a collaborative manner.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
Job duties performed in a COMHAR managed and operated facility, as well as, in various community settings. Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Required to safely operate a motor vehicle for transporting consumers. May be assigned to work at other sites and required to travel between COMHAR sites and to other locations.
As assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Current PA Driver's License; satisfactory driving record; eligible to operate program vehicles.
- One year of related experience in an IDD service, program or related experience.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy of all consumer records and information.
- Able to acquire working knowledge of COMHAR policies and other applicable regulations.
- Attention to details to ensure safety for residents and for safely operating program vehicles.
- Able to work well with individuals with varying emotional and cognitive challenges.
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner while adhering to COMHAR procedures.
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills; excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills required.
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.