Behavioral Consultant/Mobile Therapist
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.***
COMHAR's Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) is located in the Philadelphia are. IBHS support children, youth, and young adults with mental, emotional, and behavioral health needs. Services are provide to children, youth, and young adults across all settings (at the home, school, and community settings) in order to both help them reduce and/or replace problem behaviors with more positive, socially appropriate behaviors, with the highest priority placed on family engagement throughout the process.
The Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist provides behavioral intervention consultation services to the treatment team) if recommended by the interagency team and listed on the treatment plan) for a child or adolescent with a serious emotional disturbance who may need special behavioral management protocols. These services are designated to be consultative in nature, rather that direct service to the child or family.
These services are not designed to replace any behavioral services listed on a child’s IEP that a school district may already be providing. If appropriate services are already in place in the school and the child needs an additional plan for home and community, the behavioral specialist consultant should coordinate efforts with the school personnel so that the plans compliment each other.
Currently COMARH's Children's Department is in need of several Per Diem Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist .
Pay Rate of Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist :
Individual Service Rate: $35.00/HR
Group Service Rate: $41.00/HR
Training Rate: $15.75/HR
Employment Status: Per Diem/ Relief (NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FULL-TIME BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, AND RETIREMENT)
Duties and Essential functions Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist :
Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist work in collaboration with other members of the treatment team in order to design and direct the implementation of a behavioral modification intervention plan which is individualized to each child or adolescent and to family needs as well as considering the context of the educational, community or home setting.
- Complete and Conducts Client Assessments within 15 days of initiation of Services
- Observation of the child in the school, community or home setting as part of the initial assessment in preparation for designing the intervention plan.
- Development of the intervention plan and instruction to the members of the treatment team (including the teacher, teacher aide’s, other school personnel, family, Behavioral Health Technician, or other individuals proving direct service or supports to the child) in their roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan.
- Collaboration with the interagency team so that the school, home and community behavioral plans compliment each other.
- Consultation to the treatment team when problems arise in the implementation of the plan.
- Regular/documented monthly peer reviews with a licensed psychologist.
- Revision of the intervention plan as needed, using the same methods as were used in the initial development.
- Adherence to all paperwork guidelines for time lines, format and content as established by the unit guided always by the incorporation and firm commitment to CASSP principles.
Behavioral Consultant / Mobile Therapist Job Requirements:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in providing mental health direct services to children, youth or young adults and a graduate degree in psychology, social work, education, or counseling. or
- Completed a clinical or mental health direct service practicum and have a graduate degree in psychology, social work, education, counseling or a related field.
- Individuals who provide ABA services through behavior consultation-ABA services shall meet one of the following:
- A minimum of 1 year of full-time experience providing ABA services under the supervision of a professional with a certification as a BCBA or other graduate-level certification in behavior analysis and a minimum of 40 hours of training related to ABA
- Be licensed in this Commonwealth as a psychologist and have a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience providing ABA services and a minimum of 40 hours of training related to ABA approved
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.