Certified Peer Recovery Coach (Part Time)
Job type: Part-time
COMHAR is looking for Peer Support Recovery Coach for its HOPE PROGRAM who will facilitate the individual recovery process by being supportive in promoting and educating the availability of services in the community. The Peer Recovery Coach will Act as a role model to persons in recovery to inspire hope, share life experiences and lessons learned as a person in recovery.
The HOPE (Helping Opportunities for People’s Empowerment) program is a site and community-based psychiatric rehabilitation program that is part of COMHAR’s CIRC (Community Integrated Recovery Center) model for adults and seniors.
This is a Fee for Service position. Completion of a 12 hour orientation (in addition to other trainings) on psych rehab within 1 year of hire will be required.
- Engage individuals who may be at-risk and provide stage-appropriate recovery education and supports, e.g., motivational interviewing
- Assist in the orientation process, facilitate groups and co-facilitate meetings for persons who are new to receiving mental health and/or co-occurring disorders services
- Educate and engage individuals in the Wellness Recovery Action Plan process
- Assist in development and implementation of educational and support groups, activities deemed beneficial by the program community, e.g., warm line, calendar of events, etc.
- Introduce and link individuals to community resources and peer supports outside of the
- facility to promote community integration,
- Support the individual in seeking to connect/reconnect with family, friends, significant others and in learning how to improve or eliminate unhealthy relationships
- Provide education and advocacy within the community that promotes awareness of mental health and co-occurring disorders while reducing barriers such as stigma and misconceptions
- Provide training and assist in orientation of new employees to help staff understand and accept the concept of recovery and be supportive of a peer culture that promotes recovery
- Participate in all meetings, task forces, advisory boards designated by regulatory bodies and/or COMHAR
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have maintained, within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience in mental health direct service (not necessarily consecutive) or one year post-secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
- Have 1 year paid or volunteer work experience in mental health direct service.
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Have completed and passed a Peer Specialist certification program approved by the Department
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.